Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Yummiest Cookies!!!

Just thought I'd share my favorite go to cookie recipe!!! It's super easy and anyone I've ever met has LOVED them!!! Plus, they are super versatile! Just throw in whatever you have on hand (candy wise), for the ones pictured I had one third of a bag of milk chocolate and peanut butter chips plus some Reese's I 'needed' to use up. My favorite add ins are mini chocolate chips and mini m&m's!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup shortening (I use crisco cubes)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
(Cream together)
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
(Cream again)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3 cups flour
(Mix well)
12 oz Chocolate Chips (I normally only add half a bag)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees, then follow directions above.
Once you have the chips or candy mixed in, scoop onto cookie sheet. I use the small pampered chef scoop (LOVE IT - I totally recommend it to anyone and everyone). Bake for 8 minutes, then let sit on baking sheet for about 5 minutes so it can finish cooking out of the oven. Yep, that may sound crazy but I promise you it's not! They are perfect if you do this! 



Not sure if you can tell but you pull then out when there is just a hint of light brown on the edge. The perfect cookie is all about not over cooking them! Make sure you pull them out if any one cookie of the pan has a slight light brown spot. 

Lastly, these freeze great! I normally shove a bunch in a ziplock bag as soon as they're cool so I don't eat them all! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment